Outdoor worship service rained out
published on in Cancellations & Closings
This morning’s Outdoor Worship Service has been cancelled due to the rain forecast. Please join us for worship online.
Outdoor Worship Guidelines
published on in Announcements
Dear Family in Christ:
As we prepare to worship together in person for the first time in months, our primary focus is to do so in ways that do not put anyone in harm’s way. We are committed to our goal of having no spread of the contagion due to our gatherings. With this in mind, we ask you to observe the following guidelines:
1) If you do not feel well or if you do not feel comfortable, please stay at home. We will record the service and make it available online for those who do not join us in person.
2) The building and restrooms will not be accessible. We anticipate that our worship service will be approximately 45 minutes long. Please plan accordingly.
3) Please put on your face covering before leaving your vehicle. You will be expected to wear it throughout your visit.
4) Please bring: a lawn chair, face covering, and portion of bread for communion for every person in your group.
5) Please plan to arrive between 9-9:15. There will be a table at the entrance where you may leave your offering.
6) Ushers will guide you to your worship space, starting with front rows and moving toward the back. You will be assigned the next available spot to set up your chairs. Your chair should be positioned so that your feet are on the white line in front of you and so that you cannot reach your neighbor (maintaining six feet of distance.) Please stay seated until worship begins.
7) Please refrain from unnecessary movement through the worship space to allow everyone to get set up while maintaining social distancing.
8) Please understand that singing has been shown to be one of the riskiest activities at this time. We will NOT be singing during this service. This will be very difficult for some, so if you must, please hum softly or mouth the words without using your voice.
9) We will pass the Peace without physical contact.
10) For Holy Communion, you will be asked to get out the bread you brought with you. Pastor will consecrate it from the altar and signal you when you should eat it. No wine will be available. As Lutherans, we believe that Christ is present to us in, with, and under both the bread and wine, so in times such as this when it is not safe to share a common cup, the sacrament is fully available and complete in the consecrated bread.
11) When the service has ended, you may stand and pack your chairs and belongings but please remain in place until directed by the ushers to leave. The back row will exit first, followed by remaining rows from back to front. Please do not linger to socialize; go directly to your vehicle and depart.
12) A recycling bin and trash can will be placed near the entrance to the worship space. Please deposit your disposable masks and any trash in the appropriate container.
13) In the event of inclement weather, the service will be cancelled. You may assume that if there are thunderstorms or torrential rain in the forecast, there will be no service. Check our Facebook page and/or the church website for updates if the weather seems questionable.
Please remember that we are all handling these unprecedented times in the best ways we know how given our unique circumstances. Some will feel more comfortable than others, some face greater risks than others. Please be respectful of these personal differences and lift each other up as we move into gathering in community again. We are taking a conservative approach so that as many people as possible may feel safe in joining us. Please follow any directions given by our ushers.
We, the Worship & Music Committee, look forward to seeing you!